The Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI) was established in 2015 to help build the University into a world-class model of diversity and inclusion defined by inclusive excellence and an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
ODI is committed to fostering diversity and celebrating differences, educating the community on the benefits of diversity, promoting equity, eliminating discrimination, and advancing equal access to all opportunities at the University.
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion:
- Coordinates, facilitates and participates in the development and implementation of equal opportunity, nondiscrimination, and diversity policies, procedures, and guidelines for the University.
- Monitors progress in implementing diversity initiatives and realizing objectives for enhancing inclusion.
- Prepares institutional and governmental reports including, but not limited to, the University's Affirmative Action Plans.
- Develops and delivers education and training.
- Organizes, collaborates on, and participates in a variety of cultural celebrations.
- Investigates and/or coordinates the handling of internal complaints of discrimination, bias incidents, discriminatory harassment, and grievances associated with accommodation requests.
- Develops and creates new and existing Pitt Communities for faculty and staff.
- Coordinates and facilitates the University’s digital accessibility compliance program and plan to ensure equal access to all electronic programs and services.
Mission and Vision
Diversity and Inclusion are key values and goals for Pitt. Learn about the Office of Diversity and Inclusion's Mission, Vision, and Strategic Plan.
Read messages from the Vice Chancellor of Diversity and Inclusion for the University of Pittsburgh community.
The University’s strategic plan, The Plan for Pitt, includes the goal to promote Diversity and Inclusion. This goal aspires Pitt to be a University community that embodies diversity and inclusion as core values that enrich learning, scholarship, and the communities we serve. View the accolades received.
Meet the Team
Our staff is available to answer inquiries or provide information on the University's diversity initiatives, equal opportunity and compliance with related governmental requirements.
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion, and the Title IX Office, offer office hours in a number of locations across campus. Visit the Office Hours page for more information.